Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Mary J Blige: The London Sessions

I participated in the Mary J Blige The London Sessions album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.  


Now a days there is so much "music" that should not even be considered music. There are only a few artists left that we can always depend on to drop a new album and the entire thing be great. One artist that I always anticipate their upcoming album is Mary J. Blige and its been for years. She never lets me down. Her music is so full of heart and soul.


The London Sessions is the newest album from her and was released TODAY, December 2nd on Capitol Records. I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak, or sneak listen I should say. Promise you will not be disappointed. I know I was not. The London Sessions is her very best yet. It is very different than her past albums, It has a real fun twist on it. A lot of dance tracks that it is literally impossible to stay in your seat and refrain from dancing. ;) I already have a favorite song from the new album.




When You're Gone 
This is that perfect love song. I am a sap and always looking for love songs with the perfect lyrics to relate. This is that song, for me anyways.

 ♪ When you’re gone, I miss you like I did when we were first together. No one in this world could ever hold me better. Just tell me when you’re coming home. When you’re gone, I miss you like you took a piece of me with ya; didn't think I cared that much did ya? Just tell me when you’re coming home. ♪




 Mary J. Blige ventured into new musical territory for The London Sessions by crossing the Atlantic and collaborating with some of the decade’s most celebrated UK musical talent including Disclosure, Eg White, Emile Sandé, Jimmy Napes, Naughty Boy, SAM ROMANS and Sam Smith. Mary J. Blige has always had a way of combining hip hop with soul to make the sound she has always been known for and loved for. Check out the Official Mary J. Blige webpage, Here.


Here is a list of the tracks on The London Sessions-

1. Therapy
2. Doubt
3. Not Loving You
4. When You're Gone
5. Right Now
6. My Loving
7.Long Hard Look
8. Whole Damn Year
9 .Nobody But You
10. Pick Me Up
11. Follow
12. Worth My Time

You can get the album on Itunes, Here
Or on Amazon, Here

Who else is a HUGE Mary J. fan like myself? Have you heard The London Session yet?




No comments:

Post a Comment